In late 1924 a group of tennis enthusiasts had an idea to set up a club. On February 11th, 1925, they decided to purchase 2¾ acres of land at 43 Burnside Road (now Memorial Avenue) at a cost of £2,200. The Fendalton Tennis & Croquet Club was incorporated on October 12th, 1925. It later became the Fendalton Tennis Club, then the Burnside Park Tennis Club, after it moved west to the park.
Today, approaching 100 years later, the club offers ten courts and an attractive, versatile clubhouse pavilion. Six courts are hard courts with synthetic coatings, and four are AstroTurf synthetic grass. Floodlighting covers seven courts.